Monday, September 19, 2005





Dark clouds circled menacingly about her, lashing her face with streaks of lightning.....her face set like the cliff of rock on which she stood...searching for urgently needed peace, she saw a storm tormented sea all around her from that lonely lighthouse. But it was nothing compared to what she felt inside-her very soul fighting for it's redemption.
She saw her future lonely too, but for the hope that she always clung to....Only it was never so stormy that she knew, the clouds had never looked at her with such distain before.

Rational thinking was beyond her now, like a dream of yesterday-her blue sky life with no cares stripped bare to the bone as the storm raged its path straight at her....
Drowning her with every drop of rain.
Why, why did I have to go and give my heart? I feel it beating--but its not mine any more....I feel it beating for you.

Where you are my love, I feel you there, come to me, come to me now. I wait for you, on this rock as I have too often....but where you are, I know you.

And so she sat there all night as strong as the storm, her blue form and her arms bare.
The wind tugging at the corners of the soaked flimsy dress as it clung, adamantly holding to the little she was...She knew the storm would go but what was on her mind was what would go with it....her emotion drowned in its depth left no tears to cry....She had run dry with the storm.

A night lighthouse
beamed its rays
a glitter of hope
on lost sails
tempted waves
lashed the sides
lapping up her wounded pride
she fought both valleys
deep and dark
so too high crests
and their hope
tumble down
like a rag doll
did you think
you could hold?


The waves held the highground all around them, the boat fill to the brim with three men, a catch of fish, and determination. They would make it through! This had been their lot before, and they had lived to see the blue sky again. The sea gave as much as it expected in return-the occasional storm was a small price to pay for a living eked out.
It paid for the right to dream of a life with a family of his own, with a little wife to come home to on a hill overlooking ocean as far as the eye could see. He knew he could not disappoint his bride to be-with her swollen stomach that took his dreams and made them real-he could taste his future and it looked so real.

Another wave took them on-who would win the war of the sea and sky? They knew with every roar and soaking that they were impostors, that they were completely at the mercy of the sea- it in return just humouring them for as long as it so desired...
Every wave mocked them,relentless and suborn.
He turned his gaze once again to the sky that looked just like a mirror of the sea. Wild, angry and swollen.
He was torn with this feeling that their luck would soon run out.
His mouth went dry at the thought and his mind turned to the lonely figure high above them-a guardian of the light who would be there to welcome them home....Come to me she said-come to be safe, you are welcome in my arms, I wait for you, you are my life-that part of me I will always need to complete myself.

Her kiss a tale of life warm on his lips, a tale come to a end, his life a balance of itself never any closer or further from the truth, just that feeling of hope-his hope for life now come to die.
He fought the water world for the right to breathe, for the right to live. But his time had come, his time to go....The sea had claimed its own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home