Friday, October 28, 2005



In a world that spins to its daily tune, the light of day to the dark lack of it, I could tell you that global warming will eventually turn forests to dust. I could tell you of summers that strip great ice mountains melting them into the sea. I could tell you of birds who don’t know which way to fly because they don’t know what to expect when they migrate from season to season.I couldn'nt tell you how to breathe when the air around us could cave in, we live under pollution yet we pretend everything all right.%o

I could tell you more.

I could'nt tell you why we waste so much. I could tell you why it rains on the sea. I could tell of floods and drought that sweep what they want from what we know and come and come again.Blinding our love for mother nature our doubt for her ability to heal and rejuvenate growing. The earths path round the sun a delicate balance-her seasons like waves pushing and pulling the shore...And those seasons too with their cycles.Endless constructive and destructive circles.



In this world of today when all we live is now, I could'nt tell you what to like or who to follow. I could'nt show you how to dream however I could give you case studies of what the human spirit is capable of achieving. I could go where no one else would dare, till tomorrow’s new pioneer sees past me. To push what we know, to push what we do but I could push too far.



In that world of the past, who knows what secrets she would possess? I could tell you I’m digging, digging in the dust. Because I could tell you that we have to learn from our mistakes. Because who knows fact from fiction, we know only what we’re told and who could know what lies beneath if we don't dig past the layers of lives that have walked before.

I could tell you of dizzying sights, tastes, ways and smells if you’d only look beyond your culture.If you'd only just walk over a hill, if you'd only just get on that plane and take that adventure to look past yourself to see our beautiful world.Well getting out your front door is always a good start...



In our world of love and acceptance, I could tell you to care. I could tell you to give because of the stark extremes and how we live in between- knowing want or reaching the peak of Maslows hierarchy of needs. Because it’s always easier to see from the top. I could'nt tell you where your motivation comes from.



In the world of rush, rush, rush. I could tell you to stop and smell the flowers. I could tell you to phone your mom(or someone you don't phone very often if it isn't your mom...). You’ll probably not listen- I could tell you I already knew that.But one does hope...



In this world that you and I know, I could tell you about love though I could'nt tell you about hate and why we go to war.
Only to stop when we are all exhausted, the struggle now only to survive-the point of everything all but forgotten.



I could tell you about my world, that world of me. You could be in that world but you could never be me.

We all sing our own song, we all dance to our own tune, we all know our own lines to our own script of life and we all want to be free.

I could'nt tell you what keeps us going, I could tell you, you are probably intrigued just like me. I could tell you we are all the same in that everyone wants to matter, to have their claim to life.

I could tell you of dreams, I could talk of reality, I could wax lyrically about this or that. Not that it would matter past this weeks paper round, cold news never to be re-served. That hot read, scratches your itch to know to care, to hear, to share, who we are shaped by what we know.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

Okay, yeah. Talk about a "morose" attitude. Somebody, take out the dramaturgy in your writing. What are you? The next big bard or something. All of this...death, pollution, global warming. And I thought I was in need of someone to alleviate the stresses of my life. You write in your sepulchral way as though you were dying or life were worthless. Snap out of it! I should know...I too write like that...well, yours is by far darker. Okay, so cheers and I hope you write back soon!

Saturday, October 29, 2005 3:08:00 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

Oh, and those pictures are splendiferous!!!!

Saturday, October 29, 2005 12:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home