Saturday, November 05, 2005

Today...hmmmm well I woke up quite early and got a bus into London as I was in Sandhurst-arrived in Victoria station after an uneventful bus ride in...It was as interesting as usual-that particular dreamlike cold feeling you get when your at the back of the bus early in the morning sitting on the last seat that is my favorite-well it's my favorite on a coach but when I'm on a red double Decker bus I like the front more to be honest-the left side has this special elevated little platform just wide enough for me to put my left foot on it comfortably...It makes my day when that happens-when the left seat in the front of the top of the double Decker bus is empty waiting for me to fill it!Yes, a very happy bunny.

So I got off at Victoria loving my nice warm coat more for the cold weather-I shouldn't have been cold at all considering I was wearing stockings, socks, warm boots, three thermals and the big coat-but inspite of all of this I couldn't stop shaking and stop my teeth involuntarily chattering away-someone remarked on my blue lips...And I don't wear blue lipstick, don't need to it seems.

I walked through the big open space that is Victoria central station to the underground passing so many people and their lives-its so strange how different contexts make so much of a difference to how you behave to different people.
On the underground every one had their underground face on. I like talking to people-but my mother says I'm too trusting-and that I shouldn't be like that as there is a reason why people do have a underground face on. You never know who your talking to Wendy.
Well I wont know unless DO I talk to them-and you can see by peoples eyes-they usually tell you a lot about the type of person your looking at.

So I got on the underground....Had an entire day of interesting hours-all of them....learning quite a bit from Winston. Then at 5pm I was back on the Jubilee line heading South again...At about 5:30 someone got on but held the door open to the train to wait for someone else to get on at which the emergency alarm went off and the very irate voice of the conductor come clearly through to the crowded car-please remove your foot from the door, please remove your foot REMOVE YOUR FOOT FROM THE DOOR, there are people here who are TIRED and have had a LONG day and who have CHILDREN and LOVED ones who are waiting for them to get home, please REMOVE your foot from the DOOR!Then suddenly there was another voice over the system-We apologize for the delay ladies and gentlemen and will be on our way shortly...

At which point all the underground faces came off and everyone sort of managed a half smile-but I couldn't stop smiling which got everyone looking at me and I didn't want all those underground faces to do that so I stopped.Well tried to at least-don't you just hate uncontrollable laughter made more obvious by the complete lack of it around you??? I do.

So then it was the last day for the greenline -a coach service that I use when I travel between Sandhurst and London-I got on at Victoria again and thought nothing of it sitting at the very back of the bus-though I am really going to miss the cheap fares...

At Hyde park all the regulars got on- David, Erik, Sharon, and Chris-well those are the names I can remember...as I only just learnt all their names last night, but we had a little party at the back of the bus complete with wine and crisps...It was so lovely talking to everyone usually I just sit at the back and pretend to read whilst sleeping or daydreaming, as I stare out the window at nothing in particular.
But last night I really only began to get to know the people that I know so well but just on face value-put it like this if I saw anyone of them in a shop we would stop and talk and find quite a lot to say but in the familiar surroundings of the bus everything is relative to how we have behaved there up till that moment-the bus service ending was a catalyst to change it gave everyone an excuse to come out their shells and the 7 bottles of wine weren't a bad idea either...Some of them have been using the service for 15 years....

I got off at Blackwater and discovered that I was out of air time....So I walked through the park (Memorial park) in the dark-it was so beautiful all the fire works going off in every direction lighting up the dark park with its fields and streams and trees all distorted into strange unknown shapes and shadows... only to be lighted in green, pink, blue, white and yellow lights flying through the dark sky.

I got to the lake and wished for my camera which I had left again...It would have been perfect to take photos of the fireworks-the line of trees and the reflection on the water of the bursts of colour.
ButI'm not really allowed to walk through the park as it's too dangerous so I don't think I will get that shot unless someone is brave enough to come with me and tempt fate. My days of walking though the park in the dark all alone are over...Sigh.As someone very dear pointed out to me-I might not take care of myself but there are other people who care about me so I should do it for them...and I realze I can be selfish so I'm going to try and change and always keep my camera joined to my hip.

I've been taking a lot of indoor studio shots with my camera but they are all in RAW now so even though I do have the program to convert them to jpeg I cant as my computers memory isnt enough and it keeps crashing under the pressure of everything I try and make it do...so when I get my laptop or buy some extra memory for this pc you will see the shots...they are really great! I am so excited-I took some of butterflys-the wings and their detail I think they are better as I have been thinking of taking of butterflies for a while now-always keeping an eye out for them in the wild -but lucky for me all these were dead pined down with little pins so they were not going anywhere- I really took advantage of that.The wings reminded me of leaves you know just like looking at the shape and the veins that make it so stong...

I'm going to private lessons with this photographer Winston-he's a professor of science, photography and a doctor in music...he has so many awards and is part of the fellowship of the queen and the royal british society of something-he just has done very well...been taking photos for 46 years and was a photographer for vogue. He is a wonderful teacher and I think I will/am learning quite a bit from him-I am doing this as I have never studied photography till now and think that its a good idea to get qualified so fingers crossed I will...I think that I will improve now-all the photos that you've seen so far on this blog are just me mucking about-but now hopefully I will become a master of the art. I aim to be the best I can be-even though I always seem to forget my camera...

6 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

One point of advice...if you aim to write, instead of the posting of photographs, use a PERIOD! I am totally winded from reading this.

Sunday, November 06, 2005 11:42:00 AM  
Blogger Miss Wendy Eileen said...

lol....yes-but you see for myself, I prefer short breaths, like, this, because, I play/played/can play, the, recorder, so short,breaths, but then I am also into holding my breath because I don't breathe when I'm spearfishing and you have to be (holding your breath)fit to do that...so I practice with my writing.

%)

Thanks for the advice. You have brought to my attention the fact that in order for me to reach normal people and those with breathing conditions such as asthma and the like. I should be more considerate and use shorter sentences.Just like that.

Feel better?

Sunday, November 06, 2005 12:13:00 PM  
Blogger Miss Wendy Eileen said...

Oh, and one more thing...I really don't like writing about my day's However after time has passed(hmmm, maybe ten years later) I do find myself and my life a little fascinating. But for now I really don't get anything from that. I really dislike writing about me.Thats why I've never been able to keep a diary.Perhaps in ten years time when I wonder about myself at this age I might start one to read in ten years time.

Sunday, November 06, 2005 12:28:00 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

I don't suffer from asthma.

Sunday, November 06, 2005 1:32:00 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

I wish I were an Oscar Meyer weiner. Don't you?

Monday, November 07, 2005 1:00:00 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Come on...speak woman. You must give me something about which to chat.

Monday, November 07, 2005 1:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home