Tuesday, November 08, 2005




The rain softly washed to water down the road ,round the bend and on to the ground.
the side of the path
She looked up at the sky and felt it fall,
she looked up at the rain and was so small
she looked up
she looked up
and it stopped on her face
to touch down her cheeks and to the grass
washing,washing away

mother
true and real
always there
always to feel
you always knew the lines
the ones that make everything fine
you always knew my thoughts
the ones that I would rather hide
you always knew what to do
when I didn't have the will

Mother
on the days that I cried
you were always by my side
on the days that I loved
you always held my trust
and all those things that I tried to hide
I would tell you
you knew anyway

mother
when I'm old and grey
I will always remember
what you had to say
your words
I wish I could bottle
and keep
because they are so special
and very dear to me
Everyone a priceless gift
that pearl of wisdom that I can only hope to absorb

Mother
never let me be
I need you still
I need you for me
I need you for you
your lectures
your talks
your notes
your thoughts
your poems
your hugs
your smiles
your calls
your food
your time
your love
your perfection
your patience
your grace
your style
your protection
your understanding
your beauty
your unselfishness
you're everything
you're you.
my sunshine

9 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

Get out the camera...she's back!

Tuesday, November 08, 2005 8:31:00 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

Where are you?

Tuesday, November 08, 2005 12:37:00 PM  
Blogger Umar Akram said...

amazing free style...... great poem wendy. lets catch up in London.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005 5:37:00 PM  
Blogger Miss Wendy Eileen said...

Hey! So sorry I hav'nt been on in two days....why do I fell so guilty?

Oh well...

Thursday, November 10, 2005 3:29:00 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

Hey, you have to write or post more often. Who is Umar Akram? I take it he is a friend of yours.

Thursday, November 10, 2005 10:26:00 PM  
Blogger Miss Wendy Eileen said...

Yes-like you I like making new friends...and about the post...well just wait-I will be flooding this blog soon with the most interesting and magical photos you will have ever seen...watch this blog!
I'm going to take off with it and never come back down...and I don't take my mundane life to be all that grand so don't like to write about it....be happy knowing that I'm still alive enough to write this.

Friday, November 11, 2005 3:24:00 AM  
Blogger Miss Wendy Eileen said...

Oh- and who is Nicholas Castagnola?
%)Joking-I must have met you in a past life...Right?

Friday, November 11, 2005 3:36:00 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

Still not writing? Oh where could thou be?

Sunday, November 13, 2005 2:03:00 AM  
Blogger Miss Wendy Eileen said...

Last time I checked I was still in my body...You see it's great...I know where I am all the time and thats good enough for me.

%)

Sunday, November 13, 2005 6:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home