Tuesday, February 07, 2006

between the pages - Mossel Bay

A boy at the post office on Marsh St Mossel Bay

The red light on the harbour wall of Mossel Bay

The tide pool at the point of Mossel Bay
The point of Mossel Bay



I had a book once that worn and raged on the outside did nothing to show for the pages beneath that smooth red tattered exterior. When I turned the pages a whole world came alive to me, characters, people places, stories.... I could loose myself to whole years of existence in a single day...Locked away in my room with just the noise of pages turned, with just the sound of my heart beating, with just the rustle of the curtains fluttering in the wind. But I wasn't there in that room, I was out the window carried far above the world that I knew, to the world between the pages.
Sometimes, somehow I recognise pages from my book as I walk through days...and I smile because I remember....
My world between the pages.

10 Comments:

Blogger Claude Richard said...

Very nice pics (and blog ) !

Thursday, February 09, 2006 4:15:00 AM  
Blogger rauf said...

Its like reciting a poem Miss Eileen. The out of focus areas of the white and purple flower is magical. The boy with the skate board is a terrific shot.

Thursday, February 09, 2006 10:57:00 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Nice shots :)

Thursday, February 09, 2006 10:58:00 AM  
Blogger Night Crawler said...

very nice...

Thursday, February 09, 2006 9:57:00 PM  
Blogger Miss Wendy Eileen said...

thanks! Yes I like using depth of field with my photos, it adds layers and you feel like you're looking into something rather than just at a picture. The more you stare the more you see. Like a flower unfolding in the morning light.

Thursday, February 09, 2006 9:59:00 PM  
Blogger ercwttmn said...

wendy,
as always amazing photos and poetry, it's always a nice break from studio, to check out your blog.

a question? do you "doctor" your photos in photoshop at all, just curious?

Friday, February 10, 2006 7:07:00 AM  
Blogger Patty said...

Sorry I haven't commented sooner, I have visited every day though, just been busy...or mabey lazy? Also will email soon, but still quite busy. Trying to catch up right now on commenting on people's sites.

Love the black & white. Soon, I will post my first b&w. Haven't had much time to try b&w with any more of my photos.

Are those roofs purple? Or is it just the sky? Cool, either way.

Love the barbed wire & the reflection it's giving off.

Also love the purple flower. Totally awesome!

I love how you post such a variety of photos. Different, but connected in some way, perhaps. I ought to try that sometime.

Have a great weekend!

Friday, February 10, 2006 3:59:00 PM  
Blogger wildpic said...

interesting stack of pics and words ...

cheers wendy !

Saturday, February 11, 2006 2:02:00 PM  
Blogger Miss Wendy Eileen said...

Thankyou everyone for the lovely comments, you are all so very sweet. I do actually use photoshop on some of my shots....but then its quite obvious...eg, when the sky is purple...lol, and the surfers are a shade of green... and chess pieces glow in different Crazy colours...

Sunday, February 12, 2006 5:04:00 AM  
Blogger Gail T. said...

wow, these are beautiful! (i hope you are not tired hearing that because all i ever seem to say when i visit your blog is that.)

what kind of flowers are those?

Monday, February 13, 2006 7:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home