Thursday, February 02, 2006

This is Sophie...she has the most beautiful hair I have ever seen. And a personality to match.... Being the oldest of five she reminds me of my sister...Actually all my girlfriends in Mossel Bay are the oldest of their brothers and sisters.
My sister in Knysna...when we went to storms river. I remember staying in this Lapa and there being no tv or radio and having only brought one of my psychology books to read...having nothing to eat by a bar of chocolate. We didn't really plan that well... But the sound of the sea just outside was amazing...oh, and it rained nearly the whole time we were there.
The red light and harbor wall from across the bay...at Diaz beach.
This is part of the redlight at the end of the harbor wall... I loved to go there and sit for hours, the sea breeze and the town behind, perched up above everything. I always imagined how I would survive if it had to be blown over by a tidal wave...If the redlight would be blown off the wall by the might of it and my body carried along with the wave or stay strong on the wall with me clinging to one of the bars for dear life. Nothing ever happened though.
The brilliant little groms, they gave the big boys a run for their money, but it was always a fight between the two groups over the best waves...The older surfers wanting the sets to themselves and respect because of their age....but it was all in good humor, I hope.this is of Saun, hes got quite a few sponsors for his surfing and could easily go pro.
Indi! A character but really good at airs like the one you see here, he's already a heart breaker, all the little girls in Mossel Bay love him, even Sophie my friend has mentioned a few times to me that she's going to marry him when he grows up...such a sweetiepie...He's also sponsored I think by Billabong....not sure.
A dreary day in Mossel Bay.
In the distance you can see the mountains of George, and then the little fishing boat going out to catch some fish.
Raoul, a good surfer...Excuse the lopsidedness I was too focused on getting my timing right I totally forgot about my horizon.
The back of a surf board shop in Mossel Bay
Another photo of Saun.....

I know you by heart
etched in summer days
whispering words
I found your smile on the back of a card
I heard your laugh too
telling tales of times gone by
painted stories as the sky rolled by
because I know you by heart

11 Comments:

Blogger wildpic said...

hi wendye, your blog is very alive and i think you have a good eye to recognise colours and patterns and some pics are very creative. the scanner ones are cool.
i havent read much in your lengthy page yet :) will do so latter.

take care !

Thursday, February 02, 2006 3:35:00 PM  
Blogger Miss Wendy Eileen said...

thanks for the comments, The photos I take are a part of my life, captured little time defying capsules.
And those surfing shots I dont think my camera liked very much...always seemed to get it wet from the spray as I took them from the very edge of the rocks standing there for hours and hours. I never used a tripod so I could pan with the wavem besides I didn't need to as you can see, the reason being I didn't have much of a zoom lens on only 75-300ml...so had to get pretty close to my subject. But I didn't mind. %)

Friday, February 03, 2006 2:55:00 AM  
Blogger Patty said...

Lovely hair color. Nice, in-the-moment capture of her laughing.

The detail behind your sister is very pretty. The solid colors go well together.

The sea is an amazing emerald green color in one photo and in the 'Indi' photo, a very beautiful deep blue. And in the last photo the water is mixed, dark blue and sea green.

I've only been to the sea once on vacation. To Corpus Christi. Jellyfish and all, when I was 13ish. Too bad I wasn't taking photos then. We have long video footage of us swimming in the ocean and in the indoor pool, etc. We were naive enough to pick up these "empty" shells and put them in a closed container in our hotel room. The creatures that were living in the shells died and left a horrible smell. We all felt bad-didn't know any better. I remember a lot of that vacation.

Awesome drama you captured from the surfers.

A dreary day, not a dreary photo.

Friday, February 03, 2006 3:22:00 AM  
Blogger rauf said...

You've got beautiful hair too Miss Eileen, Your profile picture is lovely, and so is your friend and sister's picture, simply beautiful.

Terrific action pictures, the colour contrast in the harbour picture is spectacular.

You like sitting for hours on the beach, once you get back first thing you should do is clean the camera and the lens EVERY TIME. no delay, If you have a camera case, please remove the camera from the case at home. It is the case which attracts the fungus most, and retains the salinity and humidity. Keeping it wrapped in a newspaper would be ideal in high humidity conditions. But I don't follow what I preach, I am the laziest and the most careless person in the world.

Friday, February 03, 2006 7:09:00 AM  
Blogger ercwttmn said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Friday, February 03, 2006 11:18:00 AM  
Blogger ercwttmn said...

wendy,

sorry i had to delete the last comment. i mispelled a word. anyway what i wanted to say was that i think the surfing shots are amazing! not only did you manage to capture great action, but the colors are very alive. great job

Friday, February 03, 2006 11:22:00 AM  
Blogger Miss Wendy Eileen said...

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou!!!

Patty I dont think I did justice to her hair, but then as you said it was a spur of the moment thing...I always seem to catch my subject with the light behind them rather than the side or front...I should really learn from this and carry a giant white sheet and faithful assistant with me wherever I go.
My sister is actually the reason I got into photography because she was my first model, and all the photos came out brilliantly naturally. %)

Rauf how true, though sadly its easier said than done, I have been leaving my camera out like you said, so hopefully it wont die on me just yet.( Touch wood.)

Some of the photos were edited in photoshop but surprisingly the last one wasn't and I didnt crop it at all either. I just managed to get close enough because Saun almost surfed right onto the rocks.

Thanks everyone for the comments again, much appreciated.

Friday, February 03, 2006 2:39:00 PM  
Blogger Miss Wendy Eileen said...

Just to clarify....my sister is my favorite person in the whole wide world....Tracy you're my favorite person, in the whole wide world, and in Mossel Bay too. I love you more than the sky, the birds, the sea, the moon, the sun, the air I breathe, coffee, chocolate, muffins, trees, painting, taking photos, christmas cake, getting presents, road trips, ice cream from the ice cream van, finishing something I started, swimming, sleeping, dresses, the piano, dancing, walking, exploring, writing,being outside, making food everyone finishes its so good....I could go on....I could go on till it would take a lifetime to read this list, because....you're my favorite person in the whole wide world. So dont ever think you're not.

Saturday, February 04, 2006 4:28:00 AM  
Blogger wildpic said...

so wonderful ... wish you both a world of love to share ! and all the goodies for one self.

cheers wendy !

Saturday, February 04, 2006 12:45:00 PM  
Blogger Miss Wendy Eileen said...

haha, why thankyou!

Saturday, February 04, 2006 7:02:00 PM  
Blogger wildpic said...

without the contrast, love looks the same as coffee, chocolate, muffins, trees, painting, taking photos, christmas cake, getting presents, road trips, ice cream from the ice cream van, finishing something I started.

now ya know why ? :)

Saturday, February 04, 2006 7:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home