Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Taren, Taren, Taren!!!


Taren one of my best friends in Mossel Bay... even quieter than I can be.... I think I took these photos about two years ago... I really don't remember, but Taren was kind enough to pose for me at what used to be my sisters and my flat and at the point. It was the middle of summer, I know that much and after we went for a few coffees %) Tarens one of the Cape St Blaizers, my school friends, we've planned all meet again in 2011, the 11th November, at 11am in front of the 7/11 opposite the school, hopefully ....But I will probably see all of them before then too...Don't think I could wait that long. You know actually all/most of the girls in Mossel Bay are beautiful, in their own way. I know all my friends are.
... Taren was the one who put up with me being crazy the most, I remember the time we swam in the rain, I don't think there was ever a day just like that one.
This was taken on the balcony, overlooking the harbor...Well you would be able to see the harbor.....But obviously I had a very good reason for all those little round circles and looped lines
Die Point...Just next to our favorite coffee hideout, Delfinos....The best, absolute best coffee anywhere.

sitting in a corner of the corner cafe
with coffee smells
and crowds that dwell in their own world
Coffee girl with your sunshine eyes
The light you are don't try and hide
You're beautiful Taren
A flower bloomed
Imagine there's a day
dream with me
a life we see
dream with me about the life it could be
floor boards chorus as I walk over days of just
talk
the boat we're on floats
on the swimming sea
as the trees breathe and sway
when moving air my way
while birds chat the day away
and we sing
la lala la
where you don't have to try and hide
Imagine a place where you can be yourself
Imagine today, it isn't too hard
You'll see, you'll see
that life is what you make of it
endless hours of talking and dreams
sea breeze flows into conversation
coffee refills, cake crumbs
white seats, crowded sounds

8 Comments:

Blogger rauf said...

Miss Eileen, Have you worked on these pictures ?
After a couple of years the scanners start giving high contrast scans. The present day scanners are good only for 2 years.
Changing the tube is as costly as buying a new one.

Did you have the song 'turn turn turn' in mind ?

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 8:25:00 PM  
Blogger Patty said...

Beautiful photos. The colors, the light, the sun glare, the surroundings(and of course the subject) all make for gorgeous photos, especially since she's a great friend. If they were the same photos of someone you didn't know very well, I don't think they would mean as much to you. Even you writing about her makes us(your viewers) more connected to the photo. If you wrote nothing at all, I would still think they were nice photos, but have no deeper feelings. I feel a sense of happiness, joy, that time has slowed down and everyone is smiling and life is beautiful...and so forth(mostly from the first photo and your writing).

What are those stringy things on the balcony made of?

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 10:54:00 PM  
Blogger Miss Wendy Eileen said...

thankyou for the lovely comments!!!I took these with my digital camera and then just downloaded them to my desktop and then I probably put them through photoshop or some program, I really cant remember it was 2 years ago...and the stringing things were probably some affect from either paint or photoshop...not my curtains....! %)
And Patty you're right...nearly all my photos have some amazing story behind them...at least for me..%) but I should write more about the actual photos.

Thursday, February 02, 2006 11:28:00 AM  
Blogger Miss Wendy Eileen said...

oh and Rauf...I dont think I know that song...I probably would if I heard it though...And the high contrast is because I was in a funny mood, but I still like the effect.

Thursday, February 02, 2006 11:30:00 AM  
Blogger rauf said...

Very good pictures nontheless Miss Eileen. A good friend is a treasure we can't afford to slip.

Turn Turn Turn is a beautiful song of the 60's sung by the Byrds.

Thursday, February 02, 2006 12:31:00 PM  
Blogger Miss Wendy Eileen said...

How true...and I do appreciate all the wealth of information you so freely give...It is a wonderful gift to recieve.

I'll look out for that song. %)

Friday, February 03, 2006 2:59:00 AM  
Blogger rauf said...

Miss Eileen, I am learning from your experiences and pictures too. Its mutual.

Friday, February 03, 2006 6:57:00 AM  
Blogger Taryn said...

Wendy, you make me want to cry! Missing you tons
Love Taryn

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 12:23:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home