Wednesday, March 08, 2006

liquid life.

floating dream
wanders down
the water river
flowing free
lapping ripples
tell their tale
against a surface
reflecting my gaze
liquid sound
drifts into
the air around me
as the day dies down
and the light softly touches
what the suns left behind


Glass stained
lived through days
too vibrant
that distant glow
untouchable the heavenly light
plays across the walls
held by time
with story lines
in colours that rhyme
with pictures framed
that live through days
time held story lives today.

6 Comments:

Blogger CE said...

I guess poems aren't meant to be understood. Just read aloud. And hear the beauty of words as they are spoken.

Friday, March 10, 2006 3:19:00 AM  
Blogger Miss Wendy Eileen said...

I'm so sorry...a lot of people have been confused by the title and everything...so let me put your mind at ease... they are two separate poems but with same name..the one about a river and the other about stained glass windows in a church...and as you know glass is actually a liquid...in old buildings if you measure the bottom of a window its always thicker than the top because the glass flows downwards slowly over time...I was just being clever so excuse me...And sorry again...

Friday, March 10, 2006 7:12:00 AM  
Blogger Patty said...

Wendy, I read these & of course I'm no decipherer of poems, so I didn't know the exact meaning, but they are still lovely.

Very interesting about the glass! I didn't know that.

Friday, March 10, 2006 7:32:00 AM  
Blogger backpack_everyday said...

Hey good one ,someday i would like to take a photo which depicts everyline in the poems.

Friday, March 10, 2006 7:13:00 PM  
Blogger Miss Wendy Eileen said...

Thanks Patty...and Matt thats beautiful! You should write your own poems! and Mr Backpackeveryday....I would love to see the photos.

Friday, March 10, 2006 11:27:00 PM  
Blogger DiaKL said...

Nice and clever, I also dont have the privilege to understand poems well..
Indeed interesting the thing about the glass, I have seen making it once :)

Saturday, March 11, 2006 6:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home