Wednesday, March 15, 2006

This is a poem I put on Icarus's site...but I like it so I' thought I'd add it to mine as well....

theres traffic outside...
the cars drive by they keep moving on
the tires roll round
but no one ever stops
what does it do
to sit here and stare
pretend to not care
pretend to not see
what its doing to me
what its doing to you
when we just sit and stare
pretending not to care
about the things people do
although like me and you
living different lies
but with the same old lines
the wheels on the bus just go round and round again
My Dad says you should just get on the bus...so theres a solution!
And now here is another....from a while back...found it in my fogotten purple scrap book
Little red buses
double decked fun
they travel up
they travel down
stopping to keep the tide
swept faces on and off and to their lives
Little red buses
turn a corner
round a bend
just so I dont have to walk
when its raining
buy my ticket
get that single
or if I'm clever a day pass
Little red buses with their drivers
very good at turning corners
very good at nodding heads
very good at being kind
granted you have a ticket mind!

10 Comments:

Blogger backpack_everyday said...

Wow nice poem to the world in which no one cares for anyone....

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 2:43:00 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Beautiful poem. A nice change from all of the pictures. You should really write more because you are very good at it.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 3:10:00 PM  
Blogger DiaKL said...

Nice...for a world that people dont care anymore...but I believe, there are still some who do care... :)

Thursday, March 16, 2006 1:31:00 AM  
Blogger CE said...

I'll try to write one just like it.

Thursday, March 16, 2006 2:58:00 AM  
Blogger Miss Wendy Eileen said...

But people do care...some at least..Its just that we are all comfortably numb....We all have created a little bubble for ourselves - to an extent, each with their own level of numbness. Things have turned a very strange shade of grey.

Thursday, March 16, 2006 8:08:00 PM  
Blogger backpack_everyday said...

hey u a fan of floyd......
And yeh there is always a degree to which people care for each other.No one cares for anyone completely i guess.No maybe its just my experience the last few days.....thats all

Friday, March 17, 2006 1:38:00 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

I've missed your posting. Please post again, Wendy.

Sunday, March 19, 2006 3:26:00 AM  
Blogger Miss Wendy Eileen said...

ok, ok!

Sunday, March 19, 2006 4:12:00 AM  
Blogger Patty said...

Wendy! I'm very sorry I haven't been commenting on your site. I haven't been a very good blogger friend to many people. I have been visiting your site all the time though.

This poem or should I say 2 poems(?) made me smile, especially the last one about the ticket & bus. :D

Monday, March 27, 2006 4:49:00 PM  
Blogger Miss Wendy Eileen said...

Thanks Patty! you're so sweet!

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 2:51:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home