Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Dad you used to hold me upI felt so high like I was in the clouds
I used to wonder how it would feel to be so tall
as tall as you
when I looked up and you carried me on your shoulders
I remember the times you taught me to feel
the true nature of nature
it was so real
all those stories you would sit and read
Tracy and I begging for more....
we could have heard you all day but your voice would linger to my dreams
softly deep and secure carrying me
I loved your laugh,
the way you made me feel special
you would always do everything in your power to make us happy
and I know you do still
I feel so alive when I watch you and mom get on
it is like winning a beautiful dream
like feeling that nothing can go wrong
like a beautiful flower
so open and trusting
you've always been so strong
and life has gone so wrong
but its not the end, never the end
because there is always tomorrow
always another way I should remember and smile
because you're dear to me
and you're my dad
I could never have ever had any other dad quite so amazing as you
I'll always be your daughter and Ill always remember what we have.

4 Comments:

Blogger CE said...

Daddy's girl, are you? Not a bad thing. I wish somebody love me that way.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006 2:48:00 AM  
Blogger backpack_everyday said...

Thats so sweet Wendy.A lucky dad u have there....

Wednesday, April 19, 2006 5:07:00 PM  
Blogger Patty said...

oh wow. *blinking back tears*

that's a very moving way to show how much your dad means to you.

lovely. :)

Sunday, April 30, 2006 12:15:00 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Hey sorry I have been absent. Don't worry, school lets out next week so that means I'll be back in full strength and fettle.

Sunday, May 07, 2006 9:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home